JUNIOR TRANSPORT/PRODUCT DESIGNER
Location: Clerkenwell, London
Job Level: Graduate
Job Type: Permanent
Acumen Design Associates are looking for a creative graduate designer to join our growing team. We are an industry-leading Transport and Product design consultancy, who produce ground breaking products for some of the most recognisable and respected global brands in the aerospace and consumer world. The studio specialise in the creation of disruptive products which often re-define product sectors through cutting edge problem solving and design insights.
Working within a close knit and highly motivated team you will be responsible for designing and delivering compelling, stylish, high quality products. This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding team with great scope for personal and professional development.
Successful candidates will be exceptionally creative and have strong freehand sketching skills. Knowledge of a 3D modelling program, preferably Creo, would be advantageous. The role involves:
- Ideation, sketching, visualisations and prototypes.
- Working closely with a senior designer to collaborate on design development of products for client briefs.
- Playing a key role in product development and innovation, minimising costs and meeting deadlines.
- Presenting concepts and attending meetings, dealing with suppliers and manufacturers and having a good understanding of cost and budgets.
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of current design thinking and design trends.
- Continuously improve individual and studio understanding of manufacturing techniques and materials.
- A Strong grasp of graphics and design presentation is beneficial
Freehand sketching, Rendering, Sketch model making, Design for Manufacture, Graphic Design/Presentation Layout, Product Development
Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Creo or Solidworks, Keyshot, 3dsMax.
A bachelors or higher degree in a relevant creative discipline, i.e. Product Design, Industrial Design, Transport Design, Automotive Design
If you’re interested in joining us, please send a copy of your CV and portfolio to: